Rolling Paper Sizes:
Lengths, Widths and Other Useful Information
Rolling papers size can be very confusing. 1 1/4, Single Wide, 1 1/2...what does this mean? What cigarette roller and paper size can i use together? We have answers to these questions that can help when deciding to roll your own.
First off, let's understand what the size of the papers really mean. There are only a few different sizes of rolling papers. They are:
- Single Wide
- 1 1/4
- 1 1/2
- Double Wide
- King Size
Within the industry, these sizes have slightly different meanings from one manufacturer to the next. The term 1 1/4, 1 1/2, ect, are not meant to be a definitive size, but are used more as a general size guideline. The widths of these sizes can vary between different rolling paper brands. We will cover the guidelines for the different size rolling papers below.
- Single Wide: Generally speaking, the single wide rolling paper is 68-70mm in length and 34-36mm in width. This is about 2.75 x 1.4 inches. This size will vary slightly amongst cigarette brands and is considered to be fairly popular with the roll your own community. You would use a 70mm cigarette roller with these size rolling papers.
- 1 1/4: 1 1/4 got it's name because it can hold approximately 25% more product than a Single Wide rolling paper. The 1 1/4 rolling paper is 76-78mm in length and 45-48mm in width. This works out to be about 3.1 x 1.8 inches. Each brand will be slightly different in size, but will usually fall within the above guidelines. These rolling papers are considered to be the most popular of all the sizes and are sometimes called "French Size" or "Spanish". You would use a 79mm cigarette roller with these size rolling papers.
- 1 1/2: 1 1/2 got it's name because it can hold approximately 50% more product than a Single Wide rolling paper. The 1 1/2 rolling paper is 76-78mm in length and 60-62mm in width. This works out to be about 3.1 x 2.4 inches. This is the same as a 1 1/4 rolling paper except that it will roll a bigger diameter cigarette because of it's bigger width. These aren't quite as popular as some of the other sizes but are still widely available. You would use a 79mm cigarette roller with these size rolling papers.
- Double Wide: This particular rolling paper got it's name because it can approximately hold double the amount of product that a single wide rolling paper can. These are usually 76-78mm in length and 63-88mm in width. This converts to about 3.1 x 2.5-3.5 inches. The sizes of these paper can vary greatly from brand to brand and are not very popular. These will be the hardest of all the sizes to find but will roll the biggest diameter cigarette. You would use a 79mm cigarette roller with these rolling papers.
- King Size: A King Size rolling paper is the biggest standard rolling paper on the market that has a consistent size across all brands. They are 100-105mm in length and 55-60mm in width. This converts to about 4 x 2 inches. There is a lot of confusion because of the name "King Size". This is because a king size cigarette is usually 84mm in length and a king size rolling paper is usually 100-105mm in length. The king size rolling paper is about the length of a standard 100mm cigarette. These are the longest length of all the standard size rolling papers. They're very popular, easy to find and are available in many different brands. These will be a slight variance in size from brand to brand but will usually fall within the guidelines listed above. You would use a 110mm cigarette roller with these rolling papers.
It's easy to see why different size rolling papers can be confusing to some people, especially to those just starting to roll their own. You will become familiar with all the sizes and what they mean in no time at all. You can also see our page on How To Roll Your Own Cigarettes if you are just starting out in the roll your own process. You can also see our page on Cigarette Sizes if you are interested in the different manufactured cigarette sizes available.
Click Here To See More Helpful Tips And Information